ZEE5 has confirmed it will air the much-awaited reunion episode of American sitcom, Friends. Indian fans will get to watch it along with the world.


Chief Business Officer at ZEE5 India, Manish Kalra, said in a statement issued Tuesday afternoon, “We received an overwhelming response from the audience after recently announcing that FRIENDS: THE REUNION special will stream exclusively on ZEE5 in India. We are proud to share that we will bring this event to India along with the world on May 27 at 12:32 pm."

He added, "We expect high demand from users and would urge them to avail FRIENDS: THE REUNION Special unlimited viewing offer at least 12 hours in advance before the launch for a seamless experience. We are all geared up to make this a resounding success in India along with the rest of the world.”





Each cast member has spoken out against a return before.

Prior to 2019, every cast member found a reason to evade Friends 2.0.

In 2018, Schwimmer had this to say about a reunion/reboot: “Look, the thing is, I just don’t know if I want to see all of us with crutches [and] walkers.” That same year, Kudrow told Conan O’Brien, "They’re rebooting everything. I don’t know how that works with Friends, though. That was about people in their twenties, thirties. The show isn’t about people in their forties, fifties. And if we have the same problems, that's just sad.”

Cox reiterated those statements, telling People“I don’t see it happening.” LeBlanc simply put it, “When that period is over, it’s over.”

And in 2017 Perry even referred to the idea as a “nightmare” during a Vanity Fair interview:

I have this recurring nightmare—I’m not kidding about this. When I’m asleep, I have this nightmare that we do Friends again and nobody cares. We do a whole series, we come back, and nobody cares about it. So if anybody asks me, I’m gonna say no. The thing is: we ended on such a high. We can’t beat it. Why would we go and do it again?